Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is an Affiliate Program? In general terms, an Affiliate Program is a way to generate revenue by referring customers to a merchant website. Each time a customer you refer makes a purchase, you earn a commission. You may refer people to the site using a link that has your affiliate code in it, or via e-mail and print using your affiliate code. At Elegant-Pet.com, each customer you send to us will generate a commission of 3% of the sale directly to you.
2. What does it cost to join? It is absolutely free to join the Elegant-Pet.com Affiliate Program. There are no minimum sales requirements and you can cancel at any time.
3. How does it benefit my site? Visitors to your site will appreciate the quality of products you refer.
4. How do I create these links? When you apply to become a Elegant-Pet.com affiliate, your acceptance e-mail will include your affiliate code and the link to the Elegant-Pet.com that includes your code. Additionally, there will be a link to your Control Panel where you can choose specially designed banners and text links. Simply download the banners or text you want, insert them into your site with your affiliate link, and you're set. It's that easy.
5. Can I refer people through my printed newsletter or event handouts? Certainly! Simply place within the referral text a note asking them to use the link you provide. Or, you can refer them to the page on your site that includes your affiliate link. Something like, "go to www.mywebsite.com and click on the Elegant-Pet.com banner at the top" would work great!
6. How do I know how much I have sold and earned? There is a special page for each affiliate that shows hits, sales, your commissions and all your data. This page is 100% live, meaning it will show data immediately after a purchase from your referrals.
7. How often do I receive commissions? Commission checks of $90 or more are mailed on the first Tuesday of each month for the previous calendar month's activity. If you check is less than $90, we will simply carry that amount over to the next month.
8. What about returns? Customers will be required to use a credit/debit card to make a purchase. In the event the charges are disputed or fraudulent, your account will be debited for the amount of commission earned on that transaction.
9. Is my site eligible to become an Affiliate? Although most sites qualify to become affiliates, we do reserve the right to reject or cancel the affiliate account of any site we feel contains objectionable material. This would include (but is not limited to) sites with violent/hate, pornographic, racist, anti-government or gambling related content, as well as parasite affiliate sites (if you don't know what a parasite is, then you're not one!).
10. How do I know I will be paid for my referral? For the most accurate results our affiliate program uses a combination of cookies and IP addresses to track referrals originating from your affiliate links.Each time one of your referrals arrives at one of our sites through your unique affiliate URL, our system places a cookie on the user's computer. When the customer completes their purchase, the system checks for the referral cookie. If the cookie is not found, the IP address of the customer's computer is used to credit the sale to the affiliate. The process is automatic and designed to ensure accurate tracking. The cookie remains in the computer for 90 days from each visit through your affiliate URL, so you'll still receive commissions from customers who don't purchase on their first visit, but return a few days later by going directly to our site.
11. How are payments handled? In the affiliate control panel you may choose to be paid via PayPal or check. Payments are issued in US dollars and are paid monthly on the first Tuesday of the month for sales generated in the previous month.
12. What kind of promotional help do you have? We have text links, article ideas, emails and banners that you can use. we frequently issue these banners in our affiliate program for you to choice.
Contact us for more information or assistance.
Apply: Applying is free. Click this link and complete all required information.